The Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art offers individuals, businesses, and corporations an exciting environment in which to hold social gatherings, presentations, performances or meetings. Our refined interior spaces and elegant gardens may be arranged to host a variety of events, meetings, seminars, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, anniversaries, graduations, birthdays, small-scale recitals, cinema and theater. The polished travertine lobby and rotunda, spacious grand gallery, stylish restaurant, open terrace and gardens are designed to accommodate standing receptions or seated dining. The auditorium, with state-of-the-art AV capabilities, is equipped to accommodate small or large meetings, performances or presentations.
The Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art is pleased to have Ursula Higgins of Ursula’s Catering as our exclusive caterer for all events at the museum. Please contact Ursula at 334.821.9921 to discuss your food, beverage and equipment rental needs.
For additional information about the Museum Cafe or event rentals, please contact Lauren Haynes at 334.844.3488 or email@example.com
The Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art does not rent its facility to organizations or individuals raising money for other non-profits.
Scheduling note: Due to the exhibition schedule, the Grand Gallery area is not available for rent beginning September 22, 2013 through January 10, 2014. All other spaces are available. We apologize for any inconvenience, and look forward to hosting you and assisting with your special events.
- The auditorium, which seats 127, is ready to host your next meeting, performance, or presentation with ease. It has state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment to satisfy your every need. These technologies include a 12x16 foot projection screen and an LCD projector, capabilities to play DVDs or VHS tapes, a computer to show PowerPoint presentations or videos, and abilities to show sporting events or TV shows from basic cable. The auditorium is available 8 am-11 pm at a rate of $200 per hour. Events after 5 pm must pay a security fee.
- The Susan Phillips Gardens are a lovely, natural setting for your event. The Reflecting Pool containing the Spinoff sculpture by Jean Woodham that runs through the center of the garden provides a setting of style and elegance to your event. On either side of the lighted Reflecting Pool are meditation fountains and abundant gardens. The moving sculpture Corona, by Lin Emery is also a beautiful accent piece to the experience.
- Museum Cafe
- Our stylish café, which overlooks the lake, is a beautiful place for a small reception, meeting, or luncheon. The café has wall-to-floor windows which provide a perfect view of the museum landscape. Seating 50 with standing room for 75, the café is available 3 pm- 11 pm at a rate of $200 per hour. Events after 5 pm must pay a security fee.
- Carlisle Lobby/Rotunda
- The elegant travertine marble floors of the lobby and rotunda provide a beautiful setting for special events. Also adding to the experience is the unique Amber Luster Chandelier by Dale Chihuly that hovers from the high ceilings of the rotunda. The ceiling-to-floor windows give a spectacular view of the terrace and lake. The spacious lobby and rotunda give enough standing room for 125 guests.
- The terrace provides an open-air venue to host your event. Overlooking the lake and beautiful landscaping, the terrace is surrounded by flowers and has a elegant lighted fountain. This space has the capacity to seat 140 guests with standing room for 300.
- Grand Gallery
- Holding an event in the Grand Gallery is the perfect way to add an artistic touch to your gathering. The Grand Gallery seats 140 guests and provides room for 400 to stand. It is the ideal space to host a seated dinner or a cocktail reception.
- Ursula’s Catering is the museum’s exclusive caterer for all events. Ursula and her staff will work with you to tailor fit a menu for you and your guests. With more than 30 years experience in the catering and restaurant industry you are sure to be pleased. Please contact Ursula at 334.821.9921 to discuss your food, beverage, cake and equipment rental needs.
(additional fees may apply)
- A/V Technician
Rental Policies & Regulations (PDF)
Museum Space Rental Prices (PDF)